From Beethoven to Korngold
José Gallardo, piano
Michael Guttman, violin
Noé Inui, violin
Pierre-Henri Xuereb, viola
Jing Zhao, cello
Tonight, our spotlights are turned on Wolfgang Korngold who is one of the many Viennese composers forced to go into exile in the United States in the 1930s. This composer conquered Hollywood by transcending the style of film music, thus contributing to the planetary success of the American cinema.
- Gustav Mahler – Quartet for piano and strings in A minor
- Franz Schubert – Sonata in A minor for cello and piano, D 821 « Arpeggione »
- Erich Wolfgang Korngold – Suite for violin and piano op. 11 « Much Ado About Nothing »
- Ludwig van Beethoven – Trio with piano n° 5 in D major, op. 70 n° 1 « Ghost »
Tickets (also by subsscription) are available
- in our Booking Corner
- at the offices of Crans-Montana Tourism in Crans (Rue du Prado 29) or Montana (Route des Arolles 4).