To see Italy as the great nation of the violin is an obvious fact that goes back to Vivaldi and his 500 concertos, to Locatelli and his treatises on virtuosity, to Tartini and his Devil’s trills and above all to Paganini and his 24 Caprices.
There are few performers who, like Giuseppe Gibboni, manage to bring out the full musical dimension of these virtuoso pieces.
On the programme for this concert:
- Robert Schumann (1810-1856)
“Six Etudes after Paganini’s Caprices”, Op. 3, Caprices Nos. 5, 9, 11, 13, 19 and 16 – version for violin and string orchestra
- Niccolò Paganini (1782-1840)
“La Campanella” – from Concerto No. 2 in B minor for violin and orchestra (3rd movement “Rondo”)
- Henryk Wieniawski (1835-1880)
“Variations on an original theme”
- Piotr Ilitch Tchaikovsky (1840-1893)
“Souvenir de Florence” for string orchestra, Op 70
Tickets are now available
- in our Booking corner
- at the offices of Crans-Montana Tourism in Crans (Rue du Prado 29) or Montana (Route des Arolles 4).
- at the concert venue, from 4 p.m. on.
Ticket price: CHF 40 with free admission for children under 16.
With the precious support ofTo the Booking Corner